9 reasons you should add SlideShare to your blogger’s toolkit
SlideShare is a social platform for sharing presentations, and with 60 million monthly visitors and 130 million page views, it is amongst the most visited 200 websites in the world.
While its primary purpose is uploading presentations (which in turn can generate business leads, drive traffic to your blog and position you as an expert in your field), it also has value as an educational and research tool, a good way of reaching an international market and even a way to beat blogger’s block (browsing presentations online can spark your own blog ideas, or you can embed a presentation on your blog).
Here are nine reasons that you should add SlideShare to your blogger’s toolkit!
- Upload presentations publicly or privately
- Download presentations from others
- Use as blog research tool
- Embed presentations on your blog
- Share with ease on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Generate business leads with your presentations
- Slidecast: sync mp3 audio with slides to create a webinar
- Embed YouTube videos inside SlideShare presentations
- Use SlideShare PRO for premium features like branded channels, analytics, ad free pages
SlideShare has recently been bought by Linkedin, a fact which strengthens its power as a B2B tool. Writing about the merger recently, Spiderworking’s Amanda Webb has this to say:
One of the reasons I joined SlideShare was because of it’s Linkedin integration. It’s possible to display a SlideShow on your Linkedin profile using the application. This is handy for people like me who may wish to offer teasers of courses, share slides from a speech and it’s even more useful for those who work within a visual industry. It’s a fantastic way to showcase your portfolio.
Do you use SlideShare? Have you found it useful? We’d love to hear from you if you do.
Subscribe to Write on Track on SlideShare (we will be adding more presentations soon).